Hoi An Old Town is a famous place that every tourists has to go there when coming to Vietnam. Hoi An Old Town has its own specificity and let’s find out this now!
Hoi An Old Town is located in Hoi An city, Quang Nam, Vietnam. In 1999, Hoi An Ancient Town was recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Hoi An Old Town is charming due to the traditional and harmonious architecture of houses and streets. Throughout a good many years, Hoi An Old Town has still reserved its original beauty.
When coming to Hoi An, there are a lot of places that you should go such as Japanese Covered Bridge, Phung Hung Old House, Hoi An Art Craft Manufacturing workshop, etc. Otherwise, it is a good idea for you to get a suit made or go to a café and enjoy a delicious cup of coffee. If you want to buy some things for your friends, you can go to Hoi An Old Town. There are many things for you to choose like souvenirs, lanterns, clothes, handicrafts, etc.
Moreover, a lot of festivals and cultural activities were held in Hoi An Old Town such as Tet Nguyen Tieu (the 16th day of the 1st month in lunar calendar), Tet Doan Ngo (the 5th day of the 5th month in lunar calendar), Trung Thu or Full Moon Festival (the 15th day of the 8th month in lunar calendar), etc.
Besides, Hoi An Old Town is quite near to Hoi An night market, My Son Sanctuary, Cham Island, etc. Hoi An night market is a worth place to come. You can go there to admire the marvel of the colorful lanterns, eat some street foods, etc. Or My Son Sanctuary and Cham Island are two places that you shouldn’t miss. The stunning scenery in these places will make you satisfied.
To travel to Hoi An Old Town, you can opt for some transportations like car, bike, motorbike, etc. it depends on the distance between your place where you stay and Hoi An Old Town. If it is quite far and you go with a group of people, you can take the taxis or renting cars. If the distance isn’t too far, you can rent bikes or motorbikes. The renting service is quite popular in Hoi An. The price for renting depends on how long you rent, the kind of transportation you rent, etc.
Hoi An Old Town is quite small. You can walk along the street in Hoi An Old Town. Or you can rent a motorbike to travel around Hoi An Old Town in the permitted time like before 7:00 am, between 11:30 am to 2:00 pm, 5:00 pm to 6:30 pm and after 9:00 pm. But don’t make the noise when going to Hoi An Old Town by motorbike.
If you just walk along Hoi An Old Town, you don’t need to pay money. But if you want to explore the historical places, you must buy the ticket.
The ticket price is VND 80,000 per person (if you are a domestic tourist) and VND 150,000 per person (if you are a foreigner). If you are domestic, you can choose 3 places in a total of 21 places and if you are a foreigner, you can choose 5 places.
There are 21 places for you to choose:
1. Museums: Museum of Trade Ceramics (80 Tran Phu Street), Museum of Hoi An History and Culture (7 Nguyen Hue Street), Museum of Sa Huynh Culture (149 Tran Phu Street), Hoi An Museum of Folk Culture (33 Nguyen Thai Hoc).
2. Cultural Constructions: Japanese Covered Bridge, Cam Pho Communal House, Quan Cong Temple, Minh Huong Communal House.
3. Old House: Phung Hung Old House ( 4 Nguyen Thi Minh Khai), Tan Ki Old House(10 Nguyen Thai Hoc), Quan Thang Old House (77 Tran Phu), Duc An Old House ( 129 Tran Phu), Tran Family’s Chapel (21 Le Loi)
4. Assembly Hall: Quang Dong Assembly Hall (17 Tran Phu), Phuc Kien Assembly Hall (46 Tran Phu), Trieu Chau Assembly Hall (157 Nguyen Duy Hieu).
5. XQ Hoi An (23 Nguyen Thai Hoc) and watching the traditional art performance (at 10:15 am, 3:15 pm and 4:15 pm daily).
6. Old tombs of Japanese traders: Mr Banjiro, Mr Gu Sokukun and Mr Tani Yajirobei.
Hoi An Old Town is so picturesque
Hoi An Old Town is a fantastic place and it will be above your expectations. Besides, go to Gonexp.com and discover marvelous destinations in Vietnam.